20 ?’s with Inga McCarthy of Cake Ann
1. Describe your business in one sentence.
Cake Ann makes delicious treats for everyday or special occasions.
2. Why do you love what you do?
We get to be part of people’s special celebrations and their everyday.
3. Why did you join The Bridge?
We joined to get a broader reach throughout Cape Ann.
4. Besides work, what else are you passionate?
Food! I love local fruits and produce, as well as cooking and baking seasonally.
5. What are a few of your favorite local businesses?
I love The Cave for their amazing cheese, wine and pâté.
6. Do you have a nickname? How did you get it?
None that I want to share.
7. Any special talents (not work related)?
8. Name a favorite geographical spot on Cape Ann:
Front Beach in Rockport – makes me feel like I am on vacation any day of the week.
9. Do you have pets? Who are they?
Maya and Frank, they are rescues from Puerto Rico via Cape Ann Animal Aid.
10. Any causes/charities that particularly move you?
The Open Door and No Kid Hungry. It baffles me that there are people in this town and in this country who are food-insecure.
11. Favorite local event?
Motif #1 Day.
12. Favorite Bridge event?
How can I choose?
13. Favorite seafood?
Fried clams at Nate’s or the lobster roll at Charlie’s
14. Name one thing that a tourist MUST do when visiting Cape Ann:
Hammond Castle – Every time I go the building and the views amaze me.
15. Name one of your quirks:
I hate the word “topping”.
16. Name one of your pet peeves:
People who are late.
17. Name one of your superstitions:
18. What is tops on your bucket list?
Living in Australia
19. Who plays you in “Cake Ann: The Movie”?
20. What do you want to tell your customers?
Every day is cake day!
Cake Ann Contact Info/Social Media Handles:
Address: 214 Eastern Avenue, Gloucester